Sunday, March 3, 2013

Little More Detail

I want to make a commitment to writing in this at least once a day even if it is a short blog. I have been trying to figure out where to start and I think I might have figured it out. 
I have been making changes in my life and some of the things I have done haven't turned out how I would want them but I am still happy about doing them because it is about time. I want a whole new me, I want to make sure I can be the best mom and give my kids everything they deserve. I don't want them to have a life at all close to mine as a child. 
Let me start from the beginning. My father was married to a woman, who he had 3 kids with (two boys and a girl). I'm not sure why their marriage ended but it did and then he married my mother. They had me, my father was an alcoholic and cheated on my mother. He would bring me over to his girlfriend's house, which I actually remember. My parents divorced when I was young, my mother had told me they were divorced by the time I was two and my father has told me I was three. My father got sober and married again, but not to the girlfriend he had, a couple years later (I was 5 or 6 when they married). 
Shortly after they divorced my mother moved us in with her boyfriend in a different town. That didn't work out and we moved back to the town I was born in, when I was in second grade. By the time we had a house and we moved in my mother had another boyfriend. Which didn't last long, she started dating his best friend. My mother had my little brother with him, I was nine years old. A year after my brother was born the boyfriend beat up my mother and aunt. Right after she ended things with my brother's father she got into a short lived relationship with a co-worker. Then she started dating the man that turned into my stepdad. My stepdad had three children from a previous marriage (2 boys and a girl) who were all a bit older than me. They got married my freshman year of high school. When I was in college they got divorced. My stepdad was a good guy, one of the only guys my mother dated that was actually a good guy. 
Ok so that's a little more detailed than yesterday's post. It will just make it easier to write about the things I need to write about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment