Thursday, May 2, 2013

High School- Freshman and Sophomore Years

High school was a completely different ballgame from middle school. I had two close girl friends and the other kids didn't harass me anymore. It was almost like magic, everyone seemed to grow up (for the most part). In 10th grade one of my 6th grade tormentors was my biology lab partner and we actually got along great. 
In the beginning of 9th grade I got my first real boyfriend (I had other boyfriends in middle school but I don't really count them). He was almost a foot taller than me, had a bowl haircut, bright blue eyes, really skinny (which always made me feel super insecure) and was really shy. We met through friends, my best friend started dating his, my two close girl friends and his guy friends started hanging out and one night as we walked back to his house after a carnival I grabbed his hand. That night we kissed and we were boyfriend and girlfriend from that point till the end of the school year. He was most of my firsts; first real boyfriend, first long relationship, first person I started exploring my sexuality with. At a very young age I knew what sex was and thought about it in a casual way, didn't help that my mother was very clearly having sex with many different men throughout my childhood. Right around us dating for 6 months I lost my virginity to him (actually it was the night before my mother married my stepdad), I was 15. It was awkward and not very romantic at all. I don't regret it, I wish I was older so it could have been more special but at least he was a good guy. We had a little pregnancy scare, yes we used protection, I didn't know that after the first time your period can be thrown off a little. So I wasn't but because of the scare and that we were so young and opportunities to engage in sex didn't happen often, we only had sex one more time after that. The summer was coming up, I was getting "bored" and he was getting on my nerves; my little brother had a birthday party at a bowling alley and the employee hosting it wound up asking me for my number. I gave it to him and that night broke up with my first. I cried for 2 weeks, who goes and breaks up with someone and then cries about it??? Me. The bowling alley guy never called me and in fact at some point over the summer I ran into him on a date with another girl. Then about a year later a new friend of mine introduced me to her boyfriend... yup it was bowling alley guy. I was never really that into him but we would always kid around that he owed me a date. Sure enough the summer after my freshman year of college I get a call from him asking me out, HUGE mistake, there was a reason it didn't happen the first time. He was extremely immature, tried to kiss me at the end but I gave him the cheek. He actually married my friend from high school and they recently got divorced. Ok, back to the summer after 9th grade, I didn't see my ex much and we didn't hang out in our group much either. The couple times we saw each other we would wind up hooking up, until one night when he was all over another girl and I decided to get back at him by hooking up with a guy I didn't really know. 
At this point I was starting to rebel a little bit. In 10th grade I started drinking on weekends and even experimented with drugs. I smoked pot a couple times and ate mushrooms a few times. Nothing hardcore but completely out of character. Nothing really big happened in 10th grade. No boyfriends and no drama in my life (except normal teenage things). I did start working as a hostess at a restaurant. That year was the calm before the storm... 

No comments:

Post a Comment