Sunday, April 14, 2013

Middle School


In our school district 6th grade starts middle school, however our class was so big they had to reopen an elementary school they closed down once all the baby boomers left the school. So they threw all of us 6th graders into a building all our own, because our district is big there was two different elementary schools coming together. Once again I was feeling like an outsider, kids knew each other from preschool or playing outside of school sports together or parents that are friends. This town tends to be a black hole, if you have gone through the school district most likely your children will too. Not only did I know no one, I only played sports for a couple years when my dad would take me and I was shy so I didn't make many friends there, but this is when RGG started to come around more and I would sleep on the couch every night. I slowly pushed away from the girl that had first befriended me when I came into the school, and started becoming friends with these two other girls. They were really catty, they were constantly fighting and talking about each other. By the end of that year I had probably gone back and forth between the two girls over ten times, I finally just ended our friendship. 
The next year when we moved into the main building I became close with these two new girls. They were both on my bus but one was a year older than us. They were both really trashy and the one was into witch craft. Nothing against her interests but one day she decided to tell the friend of a boy I was "dating" that we did spells, which was not true and the boy broke up with me. They then went and told the entire school, I was called a satanist and witch on a daily basis. One time I was in gym and we were playing volleyball, this one girl kept screaming witch every time I went to hit the ball. Somehow I was able to resist all the temptation to punch her in the face, then rip a strand of hair out and say this will be enough. I wish I had gone to school nowadays, with all the work people are putting into ridding the school of bullies would have made my life much more peaceful.
8th grade I again switched friends, I started hanging around a new girl (Dizzy), a shy girl she (Skittles- she had rainbow colored hair when we first started hanging), and Chameleon (explain later). Chameleon, in 6th grade we had classes together and were school friends, and Skittles were long time friends and dressed "unique" or "goth". Basically big baggy jeans, dark clothes, black lipstick, colored hair. No witch craft. We were good friends, all got along great and did everything together. The kids in school still weren't very nice to us but we couldn't care less because we had each other.
Overall I was a good student. I had above average grades but I wasn't the smartest. I struggled in English, had a hard time writing, but still pulled off good grades. I made it onto the junior national honor society. The odd part about my school was that the jocks and popular kids were actually the smart kids too, they were overall high achievers. So it was hard to stick out, it was always the same people getting recognized for the different awards. They were good in school, sports and everyone wanted to be them.

No comments:

Post a Comment